Saturday, March 20, 2010

Dad I want a Jet Pack....


Dad, I want a Jet Pack……….. My son, Ezekiel said that as we were hiking on a field trip last week. Ezekiel proceeded to say after that statement….. because, I do not like to walk. I laughed and we just kept walking. I so often have felt the same way in life….. DAD, I want jet pack so I do not have to face the pain, struggle or whatever you might be facing. Today I wake up facing writing a thesis again which seems like a mountain that I will never summit but I just climb and climb and barely move. But I thank God that I am able to climb and move forward however small of step it may be, at least I am forward. I so often think in my head: “DAD, I WANT A JET PACK” directing it to God. My emotions many times just want to run away or figure out a way to avoid the situation, but I am frozen and perplexed when I see Psalm 46:10. Whatever comes you way face it, embrace it, and trust. IT is that moment that God wants to meet you and it is all about TRUST. That is what GOD wants. Are you going to trust him and not the circumstance……. Easier said, than done in my experience. In my own journey trials have come and gone and I have learned that God is a faithful God and HIS ways are not our ways. I know that in my heart , but still sometimes I am crying out Dad, I want a Jet pack……

No comments:

Post a Comment